zondag 11 april 2010

"Frederick couldnt stop thinking about her remark"

acrylic on wood 6,5 x 8,5 cm

Orange ghost was the worktitle. The paint kept fading, I had to paint many layers to get that bright orange I wanted. The wood sucked it all in :) Lately I dont prepare the little pieces of wood I find anymore. The bindoline ( or caparol ) I used for it,  I find a bit too shiny for my taste and I cant draw on to that plasticlike surface. So now I just saw and sand until it gets a smooth surface and round edges. It doesnt have to have a perfect shape, I want to keep that "found wood feeling", if you know what I mean.
 I just doodled on this particular small block ( I found 3 pieces with that oval shaped top on the street near a construction site) and this glazy eyed creature emerged.  I gave him the name Frederick.
I love the combination of bright orange with grey and beige. The stripes on the sides of the blocks were a bonus, this one I gave an orange stripe.


"Teddie"

5,5 x 7,5 cm

That little sketch in my moleskine was the inspiration.
The doglike character in the sketch has a bag with beautiful flowers and in it a soda-can and a straw.

Isnt this a gorgeous mint/turquoise? I mixed it myself : ) Its particular beautiful next to those 2 hues of red. I think. And have you noticed that the suit is the wood itself?

                                    




"Pavel looked at them for a while and felt slightly dissapointed"

9,5 x 7 cm

he is from a doodle in my a4 sketchbook at home.
He is my favorite, i love his expression and his posture, i want to cuddle him, squeéze him. 
and again I like the colourcombination. The colour in his face is the wood.



"Wink wink"

8,5 x 18 cm

 Its a balloon with horns and big luscious lips and she winks at ya. Oh and bright yellow. with soft pink cheeks. Whats not too love : ) plus the wood is used as a colour again, this time its the eye.
The sketch I did in nov 2009. I like sketching faces a lot and to avoid having to draw a body I just draw a balloon. Also because I like drawing circles. I like drawing horns and (bunny)ears on top of a head. Combined you get this weirdness ; )





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten